- 8 ounces of fresh petals (only the petals)
- 2 cups of sugar (substitute - half cup coconut sugar and 1 & 1/2 cup honey)
- 4 & 1/2 cups water (or *herbal tea, already prepared)
- 2 whole Meyer lemons (quartered and sliced thin)
- Massage a half cup of sugar into petals, cover and set in dry/dark place for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours combine 1 & 1/2 cup sugar, 4 & 1/2 cups water and 2 whole/halved lemons and juice to a pot and dissolve sugar on low heat.
- After sugar is dissolved add the petals that have been massaged with sugar and left to set for 8 hours to your pot.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, then bring to boil for about 5 minutes to thicken your jam.
Here is a list of a few edible flowers:
- Rose a romantic heart nurturing jam
- Marigold a bright sunny jam
- Lavender a soothing jam for calm nerves
- Chrysanthemum for long life
- Nasturtium a spicy jam
- Violet a delicate floral jam
- Chamomile - for the nerves and to soothe the tummy
- Mint - cool your tummy
- Cardamon - warm your tummy
- Cinnamon - warm you up and balance the blood sugar
- Black Pepper - warm and stimulate your circulation
- Rosemary - cool and stimulate your circulation
- Lemon Balm - mood lifter, anti-viral support
- Lemon Verbena - calming, soothing while being slightly mood brightening
Jam is another fun way to consume amazing herbs!